Motorsport Games keeps the sim racing community updated with the latest update for NASCAR 21 Ignition.
Being open and clear on the intentions of games in the sim racing genre is extremely important, Motorsport Games gives an update on the latest NASCAR 21 Ignition update
It has been a few months since we last updated the community about the path forward for the NASCAR console gaming product. Our team has been working hard behind the scenes on optimizing NASCAR 21: Ignition, while also preparing for the 2022 content drop.
The latest update for NASCAR 21: Ignition is now available on all consoles. This free update optimizes NASCAR 21: Ignition for the next generation of consoles, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5.
Patch 126.96.36.199 is entirely free to all users that own NASCAR 21: Ignition and will be a free upgrade for anyone that purchases the product moving forward.
This free upgrade patch took a bit longer than originally anticipated, but our team have been working closely with the first parties to ensure NASCAR 21: Ignition functions properly on these next gen consoles.
Here are the main areas that have been addressed with this latest patch update:
- 4K resolution at 30 FPS for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5
- 4k upscaling at 30FPS for Xbox Series S
- Online cross-generation console gameplay
- Save imports from previous generation consoles
- Support for PlayStation 5 activities
Additionally, all users – regardless of console generation – will also receive a bug fix for Career Mode where players were appearing under their car, some lighting issues at night tracks, stats being displayed incorrectly for stages in the standings menu, and much more.
The development team has already made many strides toward the upcoming 2022 Season Expansion for Sony, Microsoft, and Steam. We are eager to bring you the cars, tracks, teams, and schemes from this historic season.
Our goal continues to be to provide fun and accessible racing games to a passionate, growing, and dedicated fan base. We look forward to striving toward that goal throughout the remainder of the 2022 calendar year and beyond, as we continue to develop and bring everyone fun and thrilling motorsport games.
Jay Pennell, Brand Manger
To upgrade an eligible digital PS4 game you already own to the digital PS5 version:
- Sign into your existing account on your PS5 console.
- Find the PS5 game in PlayStation™Store, or by Search, and go to the game hub for the PS5 game.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game hub and review the upgrade offer.
- Select Download (or purchase with the discount price) to download/purchase content.
- After the download is complete, you can play the PS5 game.
- PS4 games redeemed as a PlayStation®Plus benefit are not eligible for a PS5 upgrade unless otherwise indicated.
To upgrade an eligible digital Xbox game, you already own to the digital Xbox Series X|S version:
- The Xbox console will automatically update to the correct version for the console. This means that if Xbox Series X|S customers have the Xbox One version installed right now, they will get a notification of the game updating and it will be replaced with the free Next Gen version.
- If users do not have it installed, going to their owned content and downloading it will download the correct version.
About Motorsport Games:
Motorsport Games, a Motorsport Network company, is a leading racing game developer, publisher and esports ecosystem provider of official motorsport racing series throughout the world. Combining innovative and engaging video games with exciting esports competitions and content for racing fans and gamers, Motorsport Games strives to make the joy of racing accessible to everyone. The Company is the officially licensed video game developer and publisher for iconic motorsport racing series across PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and mobile, including NASCAR, INDYCAR, 24 Hours of Le Mans, rFactor 2, KartKraft and the British Touring Car Championship (“BTCC”). Motorsport Games is an award-winning esports partner of choice for 24 Hours of Le Mans, Formula E, BTCC, the FIA World Rallycross Championship and the eNASCAR Heat Pro League, among others. Motorsport Games is building a virtual racing ecosystem where each product drives excitement, every esports event is an adventure and every story inspires.