Race some real classic rally legends in the new Dakar Desert Rally Classic Vehicle Pack, featuring the Porsche 959 and Tatra 815 truck.
Return to the beauty of the desert race, this time in stunning vintage cars with Dakar Desert Rally and the brand-new Classic Vehicle Pack #1 which launches today on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – April 2023 – The latest update for Dakar Desert Rally, the largest open-world rally racing game from Saber Interactive, introduces legendary classic vehicles from the Paris-Dakar Rally today in the new “Classics Vehicle Pack #1” DLC, available as a free download on all platforms for owners of the Dakar Desert Rally Season Pass. It is also available to purchase standalone for $9.99.
Purchase Dakar Rally and content: Dakar the game
Race across the desert with both the all-wheel-drive Porsche 959 as well as the powerful six-wheel Tatra 815 truck. Today also marks the release of Patch 1.9, which adds an overall performance boost for the game, as well as new voice-over support for a variety of languages.
Dakar Desert Rally captures the genuine scale and thrill of one of the world’s most challenging off-road events across over 20,000 square kilometers of diverse terrain with dynamic weather. Choose from some of the sport’s most renowned racing teams, or create your own and build up your garage with a long line of cars, bikes, trucks, quads and SSVs from the world’s top manufacturers. Forge your path to victory across a variety of game modes, including an arcade-style Sport mode for quick pick-up-and-play action, Professional and Simulation modes for a true rally experience, and online multiplayer for up to four players for the ultimate competitive challenge.
Dakar Desert Rally is available on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. For more information, check out www.DakarTheGame.com, and #DaretoDrive by following the game on Twitter, Instagram, Discord and Facebook.
Classics Vehicle Pack #1
- Paris-Dakar classics arrive to Dakar Desert Rally!
- Get ready for the new off-road rally experience with the classic champions from Paris-Dakar 1986!
- Porsche 959 (1986):
Drive the powerful all-wheel-drive Porsche 959, as René Metge + Dominique Lemoyne and Jacky Ickx + Claude Brasseur did in the 1986 Paris-Dakar Rally!
- Tatra 815 (1986):
Experience the amazing 6-wheel Tatra 815, with Karel Loprais, Krpec, and Stachura as in the original Paris-Dakar Rally.
- Porsche 959 (1986):
- Performance Improvements:
- Improved overall framerate performance and stability across all platforms.
- Performance mode added to Xbox One X and Xbox Series S.
- Quality improvements:
- Multiple visual improvements and tweaks, including headlight shadows, increased terrain texture resolution, improved cockpit mirror quality on next-gen consoles and PC, enhanced shadow quality and resolution scaling on consoles.
- New Language Packs: This includes voice-overs for the following languages:
- Fuel consumption has been adjusted in Trucks to give them a wider range of travel.
- Resolved the issue of crashing in the garage.
- Resolved issues with cloud save issues.
- Improved Steering Wheel Wizard’s compatibility for brands without official support.
Trophies “We all stand together” and “Sheikh’en not stirred” can now be unlocked.
About Saber InteractiveAn Embracer Group company headquartered in the U.S., Saber Interactive is a worldwide publisher and developer consisting of over 20 studios in the Americas and Europe. Creating games for all major platforms based on original and licensed IPs, Saber’s titles include Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, World War Z, SnowRunner and Evil Dead: The Game. Founded in 2001, Saber is known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, and many others.