The abusing penalty system in Gran Turismo 7 has an official response which involved drivers in the GT1 League Manufacturers Cup.
Clarity on the GT1 League Manufacturers Cup in Gran Turismo 7 where players where abusing the penalty system has had an official response. The importance of rules and penalties is extremely important for those that participate in casual and professional leagues. Recently, it had been highlighted that round 2 of the manufactures cup had seen multiple instances of drivers abusing the penalty system to gain an advantage for themselves and over the competition.
We at Simrace247 believe that all championships, even if they are casual or professional should have a code of conduct that levels the plain field for those that participate. This code of conduct should have enforced and fair rules with the penalty system and track limits being fully transparent. How we see this type of instances (not just in GT7) is that “Exploiting” is the new gain and hype. It may be nothing new, but the availability of exploits is all too common, can we lay all of the blame at the players, no we cannot, they are exploiting an instance in the game that gains them an advantage.
It came to our attention that a small number of players were abusing the penalty system in the GT1 League during Round 2 of the Manufacturers Cup – Season 2 held on Saturday, 20 August. In response, the GT7 Sport Mode Operations Team has set the individual points of all players found to have abused the system in Round 2 to ‘0.’
- Certain players from Asia-Oceania Region
- Certain players from the Americas Region
Furthermore, we have set the Global Manufacturer Ranking Points to ‘0’ for Round 2 for all manufacturers in the Asia-Oceania and Americas regions.
It is strictly prohibited to use modified save data and game exploits, as well as unsportsmanlike behaviour, in the Gran Turismo World Series. We have updated the ‘Forbidden Actions’ section listed in the ‘Gran Turismo World Series 2022 Overview’ > ‘7. POINTS OF CAUTION’ as follows:
- It is forbidden for a competitor to simultaneously participate in the same Championship and Season with multiple accounts.
- It is forbidden to participate using another person’s account for PlayStation®Network.
- It is forbidden for a competitor to intentionally support another player during a race where they are not part of the same team.
- It is forbidden for a competitor to exploit unintended gameplay mechanics and issues found in the software in order to gain any type of advantage.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct.
If players are found to be engaging in such forbidden activities, they will be dealt with accordingly, including but not limited to being banned from the Championships.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping deliver a fair and fun experience for all players.