Women in sim racing here at simrace247 continues with our weekly blog from Yvonne Houffelaar. Let’s catch up with her for blog #71.
Women in sim racing continues with our resident female sim racing blogger Yvonne Houffelaar. This week in blog #71 we catch up with her sim racing events and more.
Weekly blog #71
Welcome to my seventy first weekly blog!!
CC Sim Racing AWRS
On Monday 22-08-2022, was the third round of the CC Sim Racing; All Women Racing Series. 2x 10 minutes at Monza. My first race was good, and after some good consistency and overtakes, I finished P2. With the second race, there was a reversed grid start. I had some trouble overtaking because I wanted to race clean. I was too careful, which means I couldn’t do the extra lap. This cost me a chance to get P3 in the race. I finished at P4, not too bad but it means that I barely have a chance to win the championship. Sophie is too fast, and keeps up her stunning results!
- Race replay 1: https://youtu.be/9G1ak3IAbyY
- Race replay 2: https://youtu.be/7CuYZ5nOmEk
There were also some test races, for a new CC Sim Racing Series. It will be a team series, Sophie and I will drive this together!
- Test race 1: https://youtu.be/n3EYzKTx–U
- Test race 2: https://youtu.be/8TwlUym-Lv8
- Test race 3: https://youtu.be/-JjTa-C9KQ4
- Test race 4: https://youtu.be/6U21md5Avvs
Race Asylum Group 1 Special
On Thursday 25-08-2022, was the first round of the Race Asylum Group 1 Special. I couldn’t practice, because my “old” body wasn’t well, and I needed to recover. I didn’t know what to expect, but I thought I would give it all! 40 minutes, at Fuji Short. I drove with the LMP Toyota, good on fuel and tires. Only I had some challenges keeping the battery charged enough. I can charge the battery with the brakes, but my brake pedal gives too much input after the deadzone, I can’t set it up differently, and I try to charge it enough in the braking zones. I qualified on the back of the grid, but with a good start I gained some places, but couldn’t hold the P5 because I drove first on the medium tire. During the race my pace got better and better, my second stint on the soft tire. I finished my race on P7. There is a strong field, and I was pretty happy with that result.
- Race replay: https://youtu.be/wJ5dihIQ8Cc
Gran Turismo 7 Manufacturer Cup
On Saturday 27-08-2022, was round 3 of the Gran Turismo 7 (GT7) Manufacturer Cup. I drive this series with Volkswagen, the group 3 car is the Volkswagen Beetle. I forgot to buy the soft tire, for qualifying and drove the qualifying on the medium tire. My friend and teammate John Pearson was in the same race, and was driving very well! After a good start from P14, staying out of trouble, I gained some positions. The mandatory tires were; medium and hard tire compounds. I started on the hard tire, because I came from the back of the field. After a good stint and stretching it with a lap extra, I pitted when I was in P3. After a good stint on the medium tire, I finished at P2 in the race! The next race is in group 4 cars, I’m driving the Volkswagen Scirocco, at Laguna Seca. I’m looking forward to that race!
- Race replay: https://youtu.be/cKJKmyd7b1c
- 31-08-2022: SLP Millennium Endurance Series at Watkins Glen
- 01-09-2022: Race Asylum Group 1 Special at Sardegna A
- 02-09-2022: GTWS Nations Cup Round 4
- 03-09-2022: GTWS Manufacturers Cup Round 4 at Laguna Seca
- 05-09-2022: CC Sim Racing AWRS Final Round at Spa Francorchamps
You can follow me on:
- Twitch; https://www.twitch.tv/yvonne_houffelaar
- Youtube; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9mVZIQtyPJbfl5Wu2BikKw
- Discord; https://discord.gg/VnhfYHv
- Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Yvonne.Houffelaar/
- Instagram; https://www.instagram.com/yvon_houff/
- Twitter; https://twitter.com/Yfjeeee
- Linkedin; https://www.linkedin.com/in/yvonne-houffelaar-69b6b0228/
Looking for top class leagues to join? Visit our league partners: League Partners Archives