HyperX has raised the bar with the Cloud Alpha Wireless Gaming Headset, in a market that is packed with competition, HyperX rises above.
The HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless gaming headset is something you need, I am not going to put it any other way. This well designed, comfortable, and incredible headset really does stand out, along with being the first gaming headset to have over 300 hours of battery life. Being a fan of audio equipment and sound, I was really looking forward to this one, off the bat, HyperX really does make some solid gear.
Packed with great features such as:
- Over 300 hours of battery
- DTS® Headphone X® Spatial Audio
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers
- Fast 2.4GHz wirless connection
- Signature HyperX comfort and durability
- Onboard audio controls
- Detachable noise cancelling mic with LED indicator
- Easy to use compatibility with HyperX NGENUITY software
In a market that is flooded with headsets and audio equipment, the mic/headset genre offers some stiff competition. Let’s start with the design because it is fantastic, I was eager to check out the headset for its sound and audio pick up qualities, but some things need to be admired. As we always expect from HyperX, the packaging was well thought out, ensuring your product does not get damaged and well housed.
Ok, so some of you may be like “its a headset, what is there to admire”. Well, for those that appreciate quality, design, and something that looks super cool with your setup, the HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless has got it all.
- Signature HyperX memory foam padding on the ear pieces
- Braided cables to each earpiece that transmits audio
- Amazing textured plastic, housing the headphones, it’s so soft but strong
- Solid aluminum design frame, with easy adjustment
- Breathable leatherette
- On board audio controls for volume, mic mute, and mic monitoring
- Detachable noise cancelling microphone with a LED status indicator
Even before I turned the wireless headset on, I was really pleased with its design and how it looks, I wanted to really make a point on this before we get to the packed features. It looks awesome, now lets hold the power button, where we are greeted by a voice “Power on battery is 100% ” oh boy, that’s super cool, details that really matter. After a slight adjustment with the frame to get comfortable, I jumped into some racing with some friends, straight away the audio feedback I was getting from the headset was clear, punchy, and detailed, my friends could easily hear me over their engines, everything was perfect, I genuinely mean that, comfort, quality and great audio.
After a few hours with friends at our favorite racing titles, it dawned on me, it has been 3 hours, no discomfort, no fatigue from the weight of it, a brilliant piece of kit. Can I recommend this headset? There is no doubt whatsoever, that the HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless Gaming Headset is a sure shot piece of equipment that you need, no if, no buts! Once again I would like to thank my contacts at HyperX who allow me to freely write about their products in an honest and flowing manner without restrictions, that’s confidence in their products for you.
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Form Factor: Over ear, circumaural, closed back
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz – 21 kHz
- Sensitivity: -15 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz
- T.H.D: ≤ 2%
- Frame Type: Aluminum
- Ear Cushions: Memory foam and premium leatherette
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar Pattern: Bi-directional, Noise-cancelling
- Sensitivity: -15 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz
Connections and Features
- USB Specification: USB 2.0
- Bit-Depth: 24 bit
- Audio Controls: Onboard audio controls
- Battery Life: Up to 300 hours
- Charge Time: 4.5 hours
- Wireless Range: Up to 20 meters
- Weight: 0.7lb
- Cable Length (imperial) and type: USB charge cable
Visit HyperX today: HyperX – Gaming Headsets, Keyboards & More