Ok, who is excited for the new stuff coming to iRacing season 2 in 2022. Plenty to look forward to as the sim racing title brings more to the community.
Sim racing fans, season 2 of iRacing in 2022 has plenty coming your way, as we can see this build has plenty to offer that should catch your eye. One thing to make a note of is how diverse the classes and vehicles are, showing how in touch with demand iRacing is.
It’s the moment you wait for every three months—iRacing build time! 2022 Season 2 is coming with a massive deployment of new cars (many with our new damage model), two new tracks, additional AI unlocks, and more updates to some of our most popular content. Here’s a look at what to expect:
- Stock Car Pro Series Chevrolet Cruze and Toyota Corolla: Take the wheel of the premier racing vehicles in Brazil and see if you can adapt to this challenging formula!
- 1987 NASCAR Cup Series Buick LeSabre: Expand your vintage NASCAR Cup Series garage with the addition of the LeSabre to the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Ford Thunderbird. NDM is enabled for this car.
- Aston Martin Vantage GT4 and Hyundai Veloster: The 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Series championship-winning vehicles in both Grand Sport and Touring Car join the fray, with each car immediately enabled for AI use as well. NDM is enabled for these cars.
- iRacing Formula iR-04: One of the most popular early developmental open-wheel formulas in the world comes to iRacing. Race the same machines that gave some of the world’s top up-and-coming stars their start!
- Winton Motor Raceway: The longtime home of the Australian Supercars Winton Super Sprint becomes the latest track from down under to make its iRacing debut with two configurations, each of which is immediately available for AI use.
- Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55: One of the most popular dirt tracks in the Midwest joins iRacing—do you have what it takes to lap the high-banked clay third-mile?
- Grand Prix AI: The Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance is unlocked for AI racing, where it’s joined by the Grand Prix layouts at Monza, Circuit of the Americas, Silverstone, and Suzuka, as well as Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
- NASCAR Truck Series and GT3 Class updates: The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series vehicles have been updated with current series branding and new vehicle models for 2022, while GT3 cars have been adjusted to meet current IMSA standards.
- NetCode: iRacing has been updated to improve prediction behaviors and the accuracy of vehicle vectors to limit unintentional contact.
Be sure to visit the iRacing Forums for our full release notes!