The 2022 Virtual Le Mans has been and gone, but what a weekend and great success for the rFactor 2 event.
Well what a weekend, the 2022 Virtual Le Mans 24 in rFactor 2 had it all, credit given, the event was a great success for those that put on the event. Not only that, a star studied field of drivers and teams took part, and a special message from newly elected FIA President Mohammed Bin Sulayem.
Before we get into the results and details of the race, I would like to point out the importance of Mr. Sulayem and his message. Praising the “Importance” of sim racing and how it is embraced and recognised by such a grand figure as himself really is as good as it gets.
No higher praise could be awarded in my opinion by such a figure in motorsport. Sim racing has made it!
Now, the racing weekend, oh boy this was an interesting one. When you see the likes of professional motorsport racers, champions, pro esports drivers go head to head, it can really highlight the state of greatness that sim racing is at.
Opening up before the race was none other than Fernando Alonso doing a lap guide, cool and collected as usual but with lots of information. Then we see the cars lined up on the grid and then Max Verstappen is seen at home with his bright orange t-shirt, a bottle of water and he is ready to go. Not only that a cheeky thumbs up and a smile to the fans from the newly crowned F1 champion.
Sim racing is another passion that Max really enjoys and you could sense he was ready to race. Now as for the race itself I shall link some relevant places to check it out, after all it was a 24hr race.
Without glitches or technical faults, the race was a great success for the hosts. Not so much could be said for some of the teams and drivers, but that’s racing for you.
For those that want the fast track, here are the details of the winners below:
24 HOURS OF LE MANS VIRTUAL LMP RESULTS
- #70 Realteam Hydrogen Redline | Felipe Drugovich, Oliver Rowland, Jeffrey Rietveld, Michal Smidl – 407 laps
- #1 Rebellion GPX Esports | Louis Delétraz, Agustin Canapino, Kuba Brzezinski, Nikodem Wisniewski
- #4 Floyd ByKolles-Burst | Tom Dillmann, Bent Viscaal, Jesper Pedersen, Jernej Simončič
- #21 GRAFF by ProSimu | Arno Santamato, Jan Marschalkowski, Maxime Brient, Yohann Harth
- #49 YAS HEAT | Will Tregurtha, Sandy Mitchell, Marko Pejic, Balázs Remenyik
24 HOURS OF LE MANS VIRTUAL GTE RESULTS
- #71 BMW Team Redline | Rudy van Buren, Lorenzo Colombo, Enzo Bonito, Kevin Siggy – 367 laps
- #91 Porsche Esports Team | Mitchell deJong, Laurin Heinrich, Mack Bakkum, Martin Krönke
- #77 Proton Competition | Loek Hartog, Matt Campbell, Kevin van Dooren, Jeremy Bouteloup
- #51 FDA Esports Team | Nicklas Nielsen, David Perel, Jordy Zwiers, Kasper Stoltze
- #89 BMW Team BS+COMPETITION | Bruno Spengler, Robby Foley, Alen Terzic, Joonas Raivio
To join some great leagues visit our league partners right here: League Partners Archives