Ok now this is great news for the Playstation 5 community, Fanatec has unveiled the Gran Turismo DD PRO direct drive wheel.
With deals starting at 699.95 $/€ you may want to form an orderly queue asap as we do not want to see the shock and horror of people waiting for new products, only to find out stock is out minutes after release.
The design of the wheel is, how shall i put it, not quite up to a standard i believe to be branded as great quality and asthetics. Whilst this is my own opinion, it is not something i feel that reaches out and says “buy this wheel”. You may as well just slap a micro keyboard or gamepad in the center and be done with it.
The white OLED display and diffused RevLED strip offers useful visual information while driving and operating the Fanatec Tuning Menu. A unique array of four 5-way directional sticks sit alongside the familiar PlayStation® inputs.
Built for comfort and response, the 280 mm diameter and round shape is suitable for the wide variety of vehicles available in Gran Turismo. The tactile rubber grip and ergonomic paddle shifters mean you’ll always feel in control.
Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base:
- The first official Direct Drive Wheel for the Gran Turismo™ series
- Officially licensed for PlayStation®5 consoles and PlayStation®4 consoles
- Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Linear, consistent performance (5 Nm peak torque)
- Optional Boost Kit 180 (sold separately) unlocks maximum strength (8 Nm peak torque)
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology optimises motor efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering axis made from carbon fibre-enhanced composite
- Fanless: wheel base housing is made from aluminium (passive heat sink, core structural component) with composite end caps
- Slip ring system (life-tested for thousands of hours) provides cable-free delivery of power and data between steering wheel and wheel base
- Automotive-grade quick release, exchangeable
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Table clamp included, supports 5 to 60 mm table thickness
- RJ12 ports for plug-and-play connection to Fanatec shifters, pedals, and handbrake
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for Fanatec accessories (e.g. ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, available separately). Not intended for front-mounting the wheel base to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
Steering wheel for Gran Turismo DD Pro
- Designed in collaboration with Polyphony Digital
- Tactile rubber grip with blue centre stripe
- Compact 280 mm diameter and light weight for crisp response
- Diffused RevLED strip (yellow, red, and blue LEDs)
- White OLED display for Tuning Menu access and telemetry output (where supported)
- 5-way directional stick for menu navigation
- Four additional 5-way directional sticks
- Ergonomic shifter paddles
- 11 buttons optimised for the PlayStation® console control scheme interface
- Fiberglass-reinforced plastic construction
- Exchangeable QR1 Lite Wheel-Side quick release system
To view more Fanatec products visit: Fanatec
After going public in 2006 the company was restructured and newly aligned. The Fanatec® brand is since fully focused on markets for virtual racing (SimRacing) and now offer a wide variety of products for this market segment like steering wheels, high quality pedals, shifters, cockpits and much more.
All of these products are available in Europe, North America, and since 2012 also in Australia and Japan. Since the combination of advanced technology, features and quality is the basis for Endor’s past success, it will continue to define it in the future years as well.