Sidekick is a very useful Assetto Corsa mod app that gives out all the useful information needed when racing or driving.
Need a good informational Assetto Corsa mod app? good because sidekick has got you covered. Like many good sim racing apps, information is an essential part of racing or driving. With sidekick, it has been seen as being very intuitive and helpful to the user.
To download sidekick visit: Sidekick
Besides the always visible stuff (gear, speed and rpm light), the app is divided into five sections, contents of which can be switched either by mouse or by keyboard (Alt + A to switch between sections, Alt + S to toggle available data in the selected section).
First section is timings. Here, you can toggle current lap time, last lap time, best lap time and personal best lap time. Of course, keeping with tradition of RaceEssentials, lap validity is monitored and personal best laps are saved accross sessions.
Second section is deltas. You’re provided with advanced delta calculation using normalized spline position and interpolation for delta best and delta personal best, and a bit more simple distance and speed based deltas to car in front/behind. There’s also a delta pacing indicator, showing you whether you’re gaining or losing time at any particular moment (delta best and delta personal best only).
Third section is lap number and current position, along with remaining session time for applicable sessions. Pretty simple and self-explanatory.
Fourth section is handling fuel info. You’re provided with current fuel amount, and after you complete a lap, you’ll be able to check consumption per lap and how many laps you’ll be able to complete. If you’re in a race with a set number of laps, you’ll also have info how much fuel you need to finish the race, and if you’re short, how much you need to top up.
Fifth section is all about tyres. You can toggle between tyre wear, tyre temperatures, tyre pressures and ideal values for the compound in use. The app knows ideal temperatures and pressures for all the cars currently available in Assetto Corsa and will color them accordingly.
Besides these five sections, there are also so-called “Dominant events”, where all the sections will be hidden temporarily to get your maximum attention on the message. Currently, dominant events are: major FFB clipping (the app won’t bother you unless it’s really significant), wheel direction detection at race start, setting a best time, setting a personal best time and “session is soon about to end” notification.
About Assetto Corsa
Modding & Customization
Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customization and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional sim racers. Gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to reproduce and share their cars and tracks. Taking advantage of the same editing tools developed and used by the developers of the game.
Gameplay & Features
- Assetto Corsa includes a career mode, a list of special and unique events and challenges, as well as fully customizable
- Single player and multiplayer modes featuring quick races
- Custom championships, race weekends including free practice session, qualifying session and race.
- Drag races, drift challenges and much more!
- Four driving assist profiles (gamer, racer, pro, plus a fully-customizable profile) allow any kind of player to enjoy the simulation at their desired level.
- Advanced setup options and telemetry for data analysis; dynamic simulation of the tyre rubber deposited on track, depending on the car laps;
- An adjustable time of the day mode, featuring sun position calculated in realtime, depending by geographical coordinates of the track and by the sun curve according to time and date, in order to get the same light conditions of the real tracks!
To join some great leagues visit our league partners: League Partners Archives